The first days of school usually provide time for a few extra read-alouds. Here is a list of books I found to help young kids ease into back to school time. I was cleaning my office yet again this weekend and came across this list I’d tucked away.
1. I Am Not Going to School Today! by Robie H. Harris (McElderry, 2003)
2. Imagine Harry by Kate Klise (Harcourt, 2007)
3. It’s Time for School with Tallulah by Nancy Wolff (Scholastic, 2007)
4. Off to Kindergarten by Tony Johnston (Scholastic, 2007)
5. Hamsters, Shells, and Spelling Bees: School Poems edited by Lee Bennett Hopkins (HarperCollins, 2008)
6. Mildred and Sam Go to School by Sharleen Collicott (HarperCollins, 2008)
7. My Kindergarten by Rosemary Wells (Hyperion, 2004)
8. Amelia Bedelia’s First Day of School by Herman Parish and Lynne Avril (Greenwillow Books, 2009)
Please post any of your favorite titles for back to school, too!