Being a teacher of reading, I love books… all kinds of books. Lately, I’ve been reading ebooks on my iPad, “real book” paperbacks, and even a large hardback atlas! Here are some of the books I’m currently reading:
- Seven Year Switch by Claire Cook is the paperback I’m toting on planes right now. I loved her book, Must Love Dogs, and so far I’m enjoying this new one. It’s a light, fun read but is well written. Just the thing for the holiday season!
- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I’ve been reading this devotional book every morning for several years. I downloaded this one on my Kindle app, so I don’t have to carry the book with me when traveling.
- Likewise, Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles B. Cowman, is also on my iPad for daily devotional reading. I’ve been reading this favorite for about 20 years and have given it to many people for a gift.
- Five Smooth Stones by Ann Fairbairn is a book I read in high school (by choice) that I’m now rereading on my iPad. It’s set in New Orleans in 1933. As I read it, I remember bits from 1972 when I last visited this book!
- Max Lucado has been a favorite author for years. I just discovered his Facing Your Giants: A David and Goliath Story for Everyday People. I read this in connection with Five Smooth Stones. It’s a paired text!
- I just finished reading The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Living Guide. Nice connections to my Spaces and Places book and workshops! Picked up some new thoughts and tips.